[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Biography: Pet Shop Boys

Biography: Pet Shop Boys

DJ biographies, discographies, and interviews.

Moderator: MODs

Biography: Pet Shop Boys

Postby A-Cube » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:20 pm

[align=center]Image[/align]

Pet Shop Boys are a British synthpop/pop music duo, consisting of Neil Tennant who provides main vocals, keyboards and very occasionally guitar, and Chris Lowe on keyboards and occasionally on vocals. They formed in London, UK in 1982.

The longevity of Pet Shop Boys’ career is generally attributed to their ability to create melodic pop/dance music with intelligent lyrics and striking style. They are one of the most consistently successful duos in pop music, particularly in Europe. Since 1986, they have had 39 top thirty singles in the UK including four number ones: “West End Girls”, “It’s a Sin”, “Always on My Mind” and “Heart”. Pet Shop Boys were very successful in the United States in the mid-1980s; however, their mainstream popularity waned by 1988 with the duo’s final top 40 single, “Domino Dancing”, reaching number 18 on the US pop chart. They have remained commercially successful outside the USA since then.

Pet Shop Boys’ latest studio album, Fundamental, was released on the Parlophone label on 22 May 2006. The album peaked at number five in the UK and in the rest of Europe at number two marking a strong return to the charts. The album’s first single, “I’m With Stupid” was released in the UK on 8 May 2006, reaching number eight in the UK Singles Chart. In December 2006, the duo was nominated for two Grammy Awards for Best Dance Recording (“I’m with Stupid”) and Best Electronic/Dance Album (Fundamental). Fundamental also made it into the top ten of the Mixmag list of Albums of the Year. Pet Shop Boys released a live DVD, Cubism in May 2007 via Warner Vision. The DVD features a live show recorded at the Auditorio Nacional in Mexico City in November 2006.

In July 2007 Pet Shop Boys signed a new deal with Parlophone Records. They originally signed to the label in 1985 followed by a renegotiation in 1990. Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe commented: “It’s over 20 years since we originally signed to EMI and we’re very happy to be continuing our relationship with them.” Miles Leonard, Parlophone’s MD says: “What Pet Shop Boys are doing is unique. They continue to be at the vanguard of pop culture, constantly surprising and thrilling us with their every move. We are extremely pleased to have them on the label.” Pet Shop Boys has sold more than 50 millons records over the world.

September 2007 saw the release of new album Disco 4.

source: http://www.last.fm/music/Pet+Shop+Boys/+wiki
Last edited by A-Cube on Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Welcome to DJ.Malaria you may wonder why I called this group Dj Malaria.
Just like Malaria takes over a person's body when it hits them i want my music's originality to control the soul of whoever hears it in that sense my music is more powerful than Malaria,and I'm sure it will but in a positive way of
course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Fawzi » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:43 pm

Fawzi
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby A-Cube » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:48 pm

Yes they are...

Just like Malaria takes over a person's body when it hits them i want my music's originality to control the soul of whoever hears it in that sense my music is more powerful than Malaria,and I'm sure it will but in a positive way of
course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby samer » Thu May 01, 2008 8:14 pm

Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby A-Cube » Thu May 01, 2008 11:23 pm

Well...you know me...I do my best :mrgreen: ...

course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Return to The Library