[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Big DJ's & Producers say..

Big DJ's & Producers say..

DJ biographies, discographies, and interviews.

Moderator: MODs

Big DJ's & Producers say..

Postby TRANCED » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:37 am

This topic is dedicated to the great artists (DJs and Producers) and what they had to say about trance! Please add your quotes if you read or know any!!!

If you have your own quote, i think topic would be better! ;)

And please be sure of your quotes! Do indicate the artist's name!
You CAN post more than one quote in a post, and it would be nice if you include more info about the place or time of when it was said!!

Here we go!

"You know I never officially made the decision to become a DJ. I still see it as a hobby. I'm only 25. I just want to enjoy this and have a great time." - Armin Van Buuren

"For some reason, some people tend to be very negative about trance in particular. I think "trance" as a genre has been declared "dead" by these people and the press for the 6th time now. And yet, it remains to be the most popular genre in dance music. In fact, in my experience, trance has never been bigger as it is right now! Maybe this is because several people have very different definitions of the genre "trance". Some people consider "trance" to be similar to "commercial" or "cheese". For me trance is the only genre that isn't a prisoner of it's own style. People that like real trance, are very open minded to all kinds of dance music. For example, I play a lot of records that are labelled "progressive" or "techno" in my recordstore. Trance to me is a journey through different kinds of dance music, not the formularic crap some call "trance". Trance is part of modern day music now. Face it." - Armin Van Buuren

"The biggest hits along with some classical tracks have been written in 15 minutes. Afterwards, you get that amazing "Yes!" feeling. - Ferry Corsten (Jan 15th, 2003 - Trance.nu)
Last edited by TRANCED on Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
[size=85][color=#400000]
TRANCED
Recklessly Wild
Recklessly Wild

Postby samlbronkowitz » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:59 pm

"This is my next single on Discover Dark. It’s a filthy acid riddled whore of a track. I wanted to make something that would positively beat the living shit out of those subjected to it’s vile throbbing monstrosity while jiving on the dance floor. I wanted people who heard it to come away feeling personally violated as opposed to happy and all loved up."--John Askew in discussing his track "Nail Gun"
Are you ready to go on a musical trip with me, through love...happiness...music....AND PARTY TIME?

Nothing spells success like EXCESS!
samlbronkowitz
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby TRANCED » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:55 pm

"As far as im concerned rhythm is more important than melody and breakdown. After all people are there to dance not fuck around – well that’s what I think when I’m on the dance floor anyway." - John Askew (Dec 2005, 4Clubbers)

"If im stuck on a desert island fuck the girl I’ll take Appetite for Destruction, Gun’s n’ Roses. Anything but Celine Dion…" - John Askew on choosing a girl and an album on a desert island (Dec 2005, 4Clubbers)
[size=85][color=#400000]
TRANCED
Recklessly Wild
Recklessly Wild

Postby JAD » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:33 pm

JAD
Fulltime Trancer
Fulltime Trancer

Postby trancematic » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:02 pm

trancematic
Occasional Trancer
Occasional Trancer

Postby Proof » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:46 pm

*UNRELATED POSTS DELETED*

Posts that go 'way' off topic will be deleted as well ... from now on.

These are for quotes, have a say on the 'quote' itself ... sure. If you have anything concerning the artist ... go to the biography thread.
Releases:
- Rodrigo Mateo - Carbon Monoxide (Praveen Achary Remix) [Baires Records]
- Alter Breed - Blue White (Praveen Achary Remix) [Spherax Recordings]
- Praveen Achary - Butterflies [Mirabilis Recordings]
- Praveen Achary - Pull My Legato [MakTub Music]
- Praveen Achary - Crossover (Incl remixes by Fiord, Manuel Sofia (MOS) & Tanseer) [MakTub Music]
Proof
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby crow » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:23 pm

Well this is from my signature but here goes anyways :)
Trance is the kind of music that puts smiles on peoples faces. It’s designed to make people feel great and forget about the trouble that they may face every day." (Ferry Corsten, Trance Brasil: Artigo: Interview)
crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Roland » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:25 pm

"What We Are Doing Now Will Have Effects In 20 Years Time" - PAUL VAN DYK

"There Are People Who Play Records And There Are DJs Who Blow Minds" - EDDIE HALLIWELL
Roland
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby TRANCED » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:03 am

"The melody is the most important thing. This is the part of the song that people will remember. " - Ralphie B (Jan 15th, 2003 - Trance.nu)
[size=85][color=#400000]
TRANCED
Recklessly Wild
Recklessly Wild

Postby TRANCED » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:18 am

"Beirut was pretty nuts. I headlined the Monot Music Festival last year and played on this massive stage in a square in the middle of the city. There were all these really dressed up sexy, affluent looking clubbers going crazy and yet in every direction you looked there were buildings riddled with bullet holes and fucking great holes from missiles. You forget that the troubles over there ended well over 10 years ago, so when you go you’re a little apprehensive, but it’s an amazing place. You get a house that’s been blown to shit and left to disrepair standing next to a Gucci or Prada shop. Mental. Wicked party scene though!" - John Askew (2003, vonyc.com)

Thanx zizi :P
[size=85][color=#400000]
TRANCED
Recklessly Wild
Recklessly Wild

Postby s u h a » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:31 am

"Without sound, vibration and deep aesoteric musical meanderings, my universe is not." JAFAR
s u h a
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby e-sam » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:34 am

This topic is becoming more interesting and valuable and for that I made it sticky. Please keep it professional & try to limit your posts by the DJ quotations only.

Note: To make it easier for reading please make the text italic and the DJ's name in bold.
e-sam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby rob » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:25 pm

Jonty Skrufff interviewing John Digweed in March 21, 2005 (source: judgejules.net)
Skrufff: You recently played in Beirut (just before the bomb that killed the President- Skrufff), what was it like, did you feel any sense of danger?

John Digweed: "You see so much on TV and you have a picture in your head on how its going to be, but it was an a amazing gig there and I had a great time. When people come together for that kind of thing I think there's such an overwhelming desire to have a great night out that the sense of anticipation goes sky high. If you can raise your game to that level it makes for an awesome gig. I was very warmly received in Beirut."
Last edited by rob on Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"[...]You'll understand other peoples motivation, You'll be able to tell whether you're being lied to, how boredom and defensiveness reveal, and how to overcome both. You can see how valuable it is to increase your sensitivity to this Non-Verbal Language.." Non Verbal Language - 16 Bit Lolitas
rob
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby TRANCED » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:47 pm

"It was my birthday and as a special surprise my, at the time, 5 year old son came up on stage, with two glowsticks. When he saw all these people dancing and having fun his eyes grew wide and you could see him think wow. I asked him to raise his hands with the glowsticks and he was having so much fun. At that moment I saw the same passion for music in his eyes as I have in my heart. Now he wants to go to the club with me all the time :)" - Markus Schulz (Trance.nu)

"There's a widespread range of negativity at the moment and there's too much bashing on styles and DJ's you know. Keep in mind that not everybody likes the Mona Lisa. Some people think it's not special, other people will cry when they see it. Just be tolerant. There's alot of extremely passionate people out there in the music industry that work hard to create the music." Markus Schulz (Trance.nu)
[size=85][color=#400000]
TRANCED
Recklessly Wild
Recklessly Wild

Postby samlbronkowitz » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:55 pm

Are you ready to go on a musical trip with me, through love...happiness...music....AND PARTY TIME?

Nothing spells success like EXCESS!
samlbronkowitz
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Next

Return to The Library