[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Favorite Trance Genre

Favorite Trance Genre

Vote for the track of the month.

Moderator: MODs

Favorite Trance Genre

Melodic Trance
8%
Melodic Trance
8%
Uplifting Trance
8%
Uplifting Trance
8%
Progressive Trance
12%
Progressive Trance
12%
Hard Trance
7%
Hard Trance
7%
Psychedelic Trance
7%
Psychedelic Trance
7%
Vocal Trance
7%
Vocal Trance
7%
Tech Trance
2%
Tech Trance
2%
Cheesy Commercial 'Trance'
No votes
Cheesy Commercial 'Trance'
No votes

Total votes : 60

Favorite Trance Genre

Postby DIONYSOS » Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:24 pm

Since my last couple of polls were a bit directed towards the very serious Trance listeners, this one will be different. Very basic: which Trance genre is your favorite? And please, make sure you mention why you picked this or that specific genre.
Last edited by DIONYSOS on Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby TRANCExual » Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:38 pm

Well,i guess we all listen to all the trance genres,but since im urged to choose 1,i choosed "hard-trance" :D ..and by hard-trance i did not mean "hardcore",its just the strong and heavy bassline and buildup and "flutlicht" and "hiver and hammer" style.(hard-melodic trance!! :roll: )
TRANCExual
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby commando » Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:44 pm

I picked Hard Trance because like Bossi(of cosmic gate) said : "It has the sort of energy that sets the heart pumping and puts a smile on your face. "
"Trance is an outburst of the soul" (Frederick Deluis)
commando
Occasional Trancer
Occasional Trancer

Postby DIONYSOS » Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:46 pm

Well it's really a tough one since most of these genres mean something different to me. My usual answer would be TRANCE in general, cuz it mostly depends on what mood i'm in...

But i'm gonna go for Vocal Trance, and i'm not talkin bout no 3-minute cheesy vocal can, no, i'm talkin bout the GO0OD vocal ones out there... I could go on forever naming some titles, but to name a few relatively new ones i'd go for As The Rush Comes, Holding Onto Nothing, Burned With Desire, Mind Of The Wonderfull... the list is just too long and i'm too sleepy to write some more but i think you all got the point...

As for the other genres, i'm also a sucker for Melodic Trance... just listen to an AvB track or remix and you'll know what i'm talking about ;)

Uplifting Trance really gets me going too, all that energy with tremendous Trance beauty: both dancefloor approved and aesthetically pleasing...

Progressive Trance has its moods too, my favorite producer in that genre would definetly be PUSH/MIKE; to me, this guy is way ahead of his time and i beleive the future sound of Trance will be greatly based on his style... However, sometimes Progressive Trance gets a bit too downbeat and repetitive so it pushes me away a bit...

As for Hard Trance, i was never a big fan of that style (sorry commando! :P) but i guess some artists stand out, like Cosmic Gate or Alphazone to name a few...

Psychedelic Trance is a whole different story which i'll leave to SamEr to discuss. Yo Sam, how about writing a post about PsyTrance for those who are not too familiar with the genre?

And last AND DEFINETLY LEAST: Commercial Trance - the true AntiChrist of true Trance! These shitty compilations and crappy radio mixes harm Trance more than they serve it. By buying a fony Trance compilation with 20 radio cuts crammed on 1 CD entitled TRANCE, people are gonna think that this is what Trance is all about, which as we all know is so untrue. Some compilations do feature quality tracks reduced to radio mixes which isn't all that bad, but some others feature the most hidious Trance i have ever laid my ears on and that truly distorts the divine image of Trance. I wouldn't even go as far as labeling these compilations/tracks as Trance.

Anyways peops, make sure you cast your vote and justify it too! No need to go as detailed as i have (I just can't stop talking about Trance!), a simple WHY would do ;)

cheerz!!!
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby e-sam » Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:07 am

Psy Trance all the way baby!!! Why? Simple listen to Infected Mushroom & Yahel then you'll understand what I mean...
e-sam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Thirix » Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:26 pm

i picked melodic.melodic all the way,some nice melodic synths and basslines.just dream away.altho im into uplifting too.
ミ彡 Ďĵ Ť ђ ї ř ї ㄨ
䦂䦃䦅䦟䲡䲭䴔䴗䶮䦂--> smoke weed,fly high,get drunk,scott bond.
Thirix
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby MalcomX » Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:56 pm

Well, all kind of Trance are giving u the same Xtacy, I choose the progressive.
Malcom X

In Trance Until The Last Moment
MalcomX
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Thirix » Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:00 pm

progressive is great.but melodic is greater :P
ミ彡 Ďĵ Ť ђ ї ř ї ㄨ
Thirix
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Dreamboy » Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:53 pm

well its a tough decision and hard to choose but i think i prefer uplifting trance bc it combines energy with emotions and lifts your soul ;)
[url=http://www.soundclick.com/bands/6/dreamboy.htm]:d: :r: :e: :a: :m: :b: :o: :y: :exclamation:
[/url]
Dreamboy
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Thirix » Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:58 pm

i agree with dream boy.i wish i could vote melodic and uplifting.
ミ彡 Ďĵ Ť ђ ї ř ї ㄨ
Thirix
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby samer » Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:51 pm

although all Trance runs through my veins. i chose Psy Trance!! why? simply since we all agree that we love trance music for the fact it takes us on a journey.. oh well what could be better than an outerspace journey?! ;)

anyway, tekram 3aynak DIONYSOS, i'll be posting about each type of trance including psytrance... hopefully soon though..

Cheerz,
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby Deejiuana » Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:43 am

Deejiuana
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby DIONYSOS » Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:05 am

DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby Deejiuana » Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:07 am

Deejiuana
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Thirix » Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:55 am

ミ彡 Ďĵ Ť ђ ї ř ї ㄨ
Thirix
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Next

Return to Track Of The Month