[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - For the Roots Curious!

For the Roots Curious!

Talk about anything on your mind in here!

Moderator: MODs

For the Roots Curious!

Postby Night Stalker » Wed May 12, 2010 2:37 am

Every once and a while i make a similar thread, for the never ending faith that i might reach to a certain crowd that is curious about "music" and history that closely relates to what they listen to and enjoy at the time being. I always end up choosing "rap" as an era in history to start with due to several reasons... a genre that started 20 or 25 years ago and had an IMMENSE influence on EDM of our modern day since then as one of the direct evolutions of Jazz that started it all.. Furthermore, I know its a really sensitive issue to most EDM fans and they hate it like the plague, which makes it more of a duty to spread some light on and try to give it some justice.

so, listen to these classics that could have encyclopedias written about their effect on modern music and youth culture history from the late 80's and onwards:

1) Eazy-E Real Muthaphakin G's: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsdLn46UXnA ( Dr. Dre? Snoop? this song was what set it all in check).

2) Bone Thugs-N-Harmony- First of the Month: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpBP9dALcWw (This song is the Bible of "partying").

3) Fo the Love of Money: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63kRUCWstCo (The "ULTIMATE" gangsta song).

4) Thugz Cry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR1eO1ryOjM (No-one can beat the technical ability/speed of BIZZY BONE).

5) Immortal Technique http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... laden&aq=4 ( The most honest, educated and fearless individuasl to touch the mic...yes that's "Spoken Wisdom" Rap... Immortal Technique and Mos Def).

Verse 3]
And just so Conservatives don't take it to heart
I don't think Bush did it, 'cuz he isn't that smart
He's just a stupid puppet taking orders on his cell phone
From the same people that sabotaged Senator Wellstone
The military industry got it poppin' and lockin'
Looking for a way to justify the Wolfowitz Doctrine
And as a matter of fact, Rumsfeld, now that I think back
Without 9/11, you couldn't have a war in Iraq
Or a Defense budget of world conquest proportions
Kill freedom of speech and revoke the right to abortions
Tax cut extortion, a blessing to the wealthy and wicked
But you still have to answer to the Armageddon you scripted
And Dick Cheney, you fuckin leech, tell them your plans
About building your pipelines through Afghanistan
And how Israeli troops trained the Taliban in Pakistan
You might have some house niggaz fooled, but I understand
Colonialism is sponsored by corporations
That's why Halliburton gets paid to rebuild nations
Tell me the truth, I don't scare into paralysis
I know the CIA saw Bin Laden on dialysis
In '98 when he was Top Ten for the FBI
Government ties is really why the Government lies
Read it yourself instead of asking the Government why
'Cuz then the Cause of Death will cause the propaganda to die..

[Man talking]
He is scheduled for 60 Minutes next. He is going on
French, Italian, Japanese television. People
everywhere are starting to listen to him. It's embarassing

I ended it with the best... "Rap" was originally created as a form of fight against injustice.. a form of freedom expression... Immortal Technique is what hip/hop and Rap is all about..

8)

There are TONS of other adequate songs.. but i chose a "transcript" of each of what i think the main three flavours of "Rap" music.

1) Beef/Image.
2) Partying.
3) Hustling.
4) Awareness.

8)
BEATS PER MINUTE OFFICIAL CRACK FIEND.
its about time to set the BPM ON FIRE.....

"It wasn't God that did this to us man, it was you... you fucking fat narcotics agent!"

Have you watched: "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas on WEED man?"
Night Stalker
Veteran Raver
Veteran Raver

Re: For the Roots Curious!

Postby Genesis » Wed May 12, 2010 3:46 am

*sigh*
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby Night Stalker » Sun May 16, 2010 3:37 am

"It wasn't God that did this to us man, it was you... you fucking fat narcotics agent!"

Night Stalker
Veteran Raver
Veteran Raver

Postby Genesis » Sun May 16, 2010 9:12 pm

Me a white-boy?

Aziz, have you gone Michael Jackson in reverse? Cause last time I checked, you had a beige nipple for an avatar!!!
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby Night Stalker » Wed May 19, 2010 1:44 am

Night Stalker
Veteran Raver
Veteran Raver

Postby Genesis » Wed May 19, 2010 11:37 am

I am white, not caucasian, but I am classed white. You should make it a bit harder Aziz! Amir Khan beat Paulie Maglignagi (spelling?) by decision in the round 11. He out paced him, out punched him, and out played him.

Dude, that nipple photo is all I have on you (along with your hooking up with a shemale in Thailand). It's all for fun man and that has nothing to do with photo-sharing on the forum.. heh

By the way, did you watch Mayweather vs Mosely? Wooo!!! Goood fight!!!
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby Night Stalker » Fri May 21, 2010 11:57 pm

Night Stalker
Veteran Raver
Veteran Raver

Postby Genesis » Sat May 22, 2010 12:19 am

DR. AAALLBBBBBAAAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

If it was up to me, I'd stick Mohamed Ali in a time machine and line him up against all them wussies from today's boxing, you know why? Cause they are "so ugly, their sweat will run backwards into their head to get away from their face!!"

FUCKING LEGEND!!!

From 1:05 till 1:10, can you count how many punches he landed on that dude's face? Amazing boxer!
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby Night Stalker » Sat May 22, 2010 1:48 am

Night Stalker
Veteran Raver
Veteran Raver

Postby Genesis » Sat May 22, 2010 2:09 pm

You're right about how modern boxing is - I only watch it because I like boxing as a sport but not because I have any favourable fighter I like to watch.
Over inflated, huge built, and raw power. And while there is nothing wrong with that, there's just nothing else.

I will have to disagree with you though; Ali will whoop their arses. Have you forgotten the fight in Zaire with George Foreman? Foreman is a manufactured boxer (like all of today's) and was heavier, taller, bigger, and far more powerful than Ali. Yet, and I surely don't need to remind you, Ali was victorious. What splits Ali from the herd is his intelligence, psychological power, and above all; his agility - how can 16 stone, 6ft "3 boxer be so fast?

So, I do agree on today's boxing "fighters" but I don't quite agree with Ali's inability to whoop every single one of them - stick them in a time machine to 1972 and get them hammered by Ali.
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Return to The Lounge