[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - //Alice in Wonderland 3D//

//Alice in Wonderland 3D//

Talk about anything on your mind in here!

Moderator: MODs

//Alice in Wonderland 3D//

Postby TheRisingSun » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:33 pm

Alice In Wonderland 3D , did somehow disappoint me .

Well i actually dont know where to start , but ill head onto the original cartoon movie that was released back in the days .

Alice In Wonderland was supposed to be the ultimate trip to an imaginary world where u cant actually imagine something much more wrong from Laws of Physics , Biology , and everything else .

If uve already watched the cartoon , then i assume u know where im heading too .

Twiddle Dee and Twiddle Do the 2 twins who always contrast each other , arent quite sketchy like in the cartoon , the only thing that made me realize that its them , is the way they talk ...and honestly they dont talk the same as well , no Honking at the end of there phrases .

The Rabbit is always in a hurry and at the beggining of each phrase and at the end of it , he always says Im Late Im LATE LATE LATE , and he calls Alice ( Mary Ann ) not Alice .

The Mad Hatter which is played by Johnny Depp , well he is pure English , and if u watched the recent movie he slips a sentence or 2 that resembles the scotish accent , on the other hand they did portrait him in a wicked style .

The Mad Hare , well he doesnt sound deep at all in the original he sounds squeeky and much more loony , in the movie he is just a twitchy , limb disfigured hare .

The Small Mouse is always drunk , in the movie it resembles The Puss In Boots kinda character , holding a sword like a Musketeer or something .

The Red Queen , has a really TWISTED High pitch warcry lol , but in the movie she screams like anybody of us screams , which is kinda annoying in the later stages of the movie .

No White Queen was in the Original , but yet again they do want to make this movie a Childish Adventury kinda movie , so they do need a good side and an evil side .

Im Very Disappointed with the movie ( the production was ok , from Graphics , Sound effects ) but the trip that actually made us movie fans love the script from the first place was deff missing .

Same way Music goes Commercial , Movies Do To .

any comments peeps ??

::Hence The Mad Rabbit Was Enlightened By The Wobble of Bass And Hidden Dub::
TheRisingSun
New Trancer
New Trancer

Re: //Alice in Wonderland 3D//

Postby Fawzi » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:50 pm

I'm not really sure that Tim Burton intended to put his own spin on Alice in Wonderland. I think it's mix of two stories together (or should I say mash-up? :p)

But I liked the movie. Johnny Depp is good in it, putting a touch of humanity in that mad hatter, and that creepy, melancholic feel that Tim Burton always puts in his own movies is there alright, even though it's a childish story such as Alice in Wonderland
Fawzi
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby TheRisingSun » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:54 pm

Beg Your Pardon ?? Childish Story !

lol well here how it goes , Kids see what they want to see in the movie ( or the original ) since its full of colors and alot of elements that each category wether a Kid , Teen , or Adult will actually see something that suits him/her .

its not a childish story or a childish movie , on the contrary
walt disney was on pure LSD when he wrote the story , same goes for Snow White and the 7 Dwarves which is Cocaine And The 7 Symptomes , same goes for The Little Mermaid , if u look at the Cover on the left 3rd Tower resembles the human penis .

mistake ?? i dont think so , Walt Disney was one of the most powerfull producers on earth , let us not forget that Disney actually owns the Company that made Pulp Fiction as well .

and if u consider Pulp Fiction a not so good movie , then i dont know what to say maybe uve got a different taste in movies than i do .

TheRisingSun
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby Fawzi » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:04 pm

I was just talking about the general perception. You don't usually associate Alice in Wonderland and other Disney movies/stories with adult content.

And I was exactly implying what you said here: That this movie actually brought a different feel to the story, making it more suitable for all audiences
Fawzi
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby TheRisingSun » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:18 pm

Maybe u do have a point , not all audiences have the ability to interpret the real meaning of a story .

But , its not about wether its suitable or not for all audiences , its the matter of Originality .

have u watched Tron ?? the original one ofcourse .
if u did , then what would u feel if they changed the main plot and idea and turned it into a commercially based movie ??

TheRisingSun
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby mzy » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:52 pm

I've never been a big fan of Tim Burton, but I heard so many people talking about that movie and some of my friends were very excited about it ... so I watched it, and was dissapointed, it was boring at some times ... plus the lebanese audience are so ... wazawiz (cheering and applausing when Jonnhy Depp appeared for the first time)... I went to the movie with zero expectations honestly, totally forgot the story, so I'm not really in position to critisize the movie since I'm not a Burton "connaisseur" and don't even remember Alice In Wonderland's story when I was little ... there are some cool things in the movie (battles at the end and some creatures of the underland or wonderland), but overall naaah .. not a big deal ...
Minimal/Techno it is...
mzy
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby mzy » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:55 pm

plus the main character of the movie is Alice ... and the actress isn't even on the movie's "affiche" , so it's clearly a commercial strike that Burton or Disney wanted to accomplish by putting Jonnhy Depp's character on the movie's ad ....
Minimal/Techno it is...
mzy
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby TheRisingSun » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:25 pm

Woooow hold ure horses there , ma3leh .

Burton eh , he did that he wanted to make a commercially based movie by putting johnny depp , but that doesnt mean Johnny depp has no talent .

Burton produced the film in a wrong way , i agree , but if Walt Disney was still alive and in his full power , he wouldnt have even made the movie from the first place , he wouldve produced it , directed it in a total different way .

i mean read my posts , ull totally understand to what im referring to .

TheRisingSun
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby ziz00_909 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:17 pm

naturally Artificial!
ziz00_909
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby TheRisingSun » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:18 pm

So You Do Agree and U Do Know To What Im Referring to .

TheRisingSun
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby rob » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:25 am

"[...]You'll understand other peoples motivation, You'll be able to tell whether you're being lied to, how boredom and defensiveness reveal, and how to overcome both. You can see how valuable it is to increase your sensitivity to this Non-Verbal Language.." Non Verbal Language - 16 Bit Lolitas
rob
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby TheRisingSun » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:32 am

Trust me , they are on the same ship mate :)

TheRisingSun
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby Qulture » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:49 pm

By the way , there is a complete section , just for movie reviews ... so this should be posted there :)

As for this movie .... i am going to go watch it for 3 reasons :

1. Its 3D and usually the effects on their own are worth watching

2. I like Johnny Depp's acting , so i am sure with Tim Burton , they created a nice twist to the story !

3. My fiance is been talking about it for a long time , so i would rather go watch this one , than a chick flick movie !!

Oh .. can i go on that ship as well .... ??? hehehehe .... ASEF...

Edit : Lol @ the people who started cheering for Johnny Depp when he first appeared in the movie !!!??
Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby TheRisingSun » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:28 pm

TheRisingSun
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby TheRisingSun » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:29 pm

As for the ship :D its always missing a crew or 2 lol HOP ON BOARD MATE !!

TheRisingSun
New Trancer
New Trancer

Next

Return to The Lounge