Technical Question

Talk about anything on your mind in here!

Moderator: MODs

Technical Question

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:30 pm

I would be grateful to whoever can offer some help.

I am trying to uninstall my iTunes so I can download it all over again. But every time I do that it tells me that I don't have sufficient access to system administrator. I thought I was the system administrator. Also, if I try to run the old iTunes, it tells me I don't have Quick Time, when in fact I do. I tried to download another Quick Time without iTunes, that didn't work. This whole problem started when I downloaded last night the new iTunes version (I think 9.0), during installation, it told me I did not have the proper Quick Time. When I tried to go back to my old iTunes, it did not work. Now I can't uninstall Quick time or iTunes and I can't play my old iTunes. Weird.

Thanks for your attention and help on this matter.
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Re: Technical Question

Postby samer » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:59 pm

hey Bilal, long time man! hope you're doing great!
did you try to log in using safe mode and then uninstalling itunes? it might work for you.
also you can always try to roll back to a previous restore point if you're doing constant backup.
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Re: Technical Question

Postby crow » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:06 am

You're answer is right there. Just log in as the system Admin. Usually in Windows, the log in for admins is Administrator and the password field is left empty. One more thing you could do is go to Control Panel and then to Users and give your user Admin privileges.
crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Return to The Lounge