[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Need advice in purchasing a new laptop

Need advice in purchasing a new laptop

Talk about anything on your mind in here!

Moderator: MODs

Re: Need advice in purchasing a new laptop

Postby samer » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:03 pm

Crow 3azizi! it all depends on what you need!
with all due respect to everyone i've been a proud owner of an HP pavilion for more than a year and all i can say is that i'm a very happy customer! i ordered it online and chose my own specification for it, pretty neat as you can get exactly what you want!
to be honest, i dont think there's any radical change between brands since they all use the same being intel/AMD - NVIDIA/ATI and so on.. the main thing is you deciding where do you want to go with the laptop. do you want to play games? then go for a 1GB card, want huge space? you can always buy external HDD they're cheaper!! the main purchase criteria for me would be the price/value ratio, simply what are you getting for what you're paying for, and for that HP and Toshiba are still the best! if you wanna just listen to every little complain about a certain brand then you'll end up buying NOTHING coz simply you'll always find non-happy customers for any brand. Just make sure to get good warranty (3 years area widely available) and then you'll be somehow on the safe side.
as for MAC, the debate is endless, but if most of you're applications are windows based it will be ridiculous to buy a 3x the price for a machine that's currently running on the same hardware! (hail intel!) unless you wanna go fancy and impress the chicks.. then MAC IT IS! :P
my recommendation is either try to build it at your own specifications or just check online reviews before buying any model. for sure some models can turn out to be faulty by manufacturer and this is easily spotted with some googling!
good luck!
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby Night Stalker » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:31 am

BEATS PER MINUTE OFFICIAL CRACK FIEND.
its about time to set the BPM ON FIRE.....

"It wasn't God that did this to us man, it was you... you fucking fat narcotics agent!"

Have you watched: "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas on WEED man?"
Night Stalker
Veteran Raver
Veteran Raver

Postby Night Stalker » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:38 am

"It wasn't God that did this to us man, it was you... you fucking fat narcotics agent!"

Night Stalker
Veteran Raver
Veteran Raver

Postby Shy--Ism » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:24 am

The Music was New, black polished Chrome and came over the summer like liquid Night ...
Shy--Ism
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby crow » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:15 pm

Peeps, are there any competing laptops to the DV8 or DV6 in terms of other brands?
crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Night Stalker » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:04 am

Night Stalker
Veteran Raver
Veteran Raver

Postby samer » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:53 pm

HP will be revealing a stock of new product line soon, if you can wait a couple of days and you might have a few other choices to pick from.
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby crow » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:28 pm

Yeah I just heard so today. I also hearda bout Toshiba's laptop. Forgot the model number. but it's like top of the line.
crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby W!SS » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:05 pm

it depends on your needs of course
do you play games? get a laptop with a dedicated card (at least a Geforce 9600M GT)
you don't play games, an Intel Card will do just fine
I think that everyone will laugh or disagree but I really mean it when I say ASUS makes one of the best PC parts, and a Laptop made by ASUS is made to last
just don't get near DELL, they're getting worse year after year
Toshiba has a top notch laptops, but also has an economic class laptops
HP is stylish and can't say anything against them
SONY is too expensive I guess but they're good
but as I said, I really trust ASUS when it comes to power
now if you use any music software (virtual DJ, Traktor, FL Studio, Ableton, etc....) I suggest you get a Core 2 Duo and at least 3 gig RAM (don't get 4 Gig RAM if the windows is 32 bit, cause it'll only uses 3.25 of them)
Hope I helped and good luck...
W!SS
New Trancer
New Trancer

Previous

Return to The Lounge