[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - RIP to one of the greatest music legends: Michael Jackson

RIP to one of the greatest music legends: Michael Jackson

Talk about anything on your mind in here!

Moderator: MODs

RIP to one of the greatest music legends: Michael Jackson

Postby TranceFusion » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:52 am

"Pop star Michael Jackson has died in Los Angeles, aged 50.

Paramedics were called to the singer's home around midday local time on Thursday after he stopped breathing and suffered a suspected cardiac arrest.

He was rushed by ambulance to a local medical centre, but his death was announced shortly afterwards.

The star, who had a history of health problems, had been due to begin a series of comeback concerts in the UK on 13 July.

Concerns were raised last month when four of the concerts were postponed, but organisers insisted the dates had been moved due to the complexity of staging the show.

A spokeswoman for The Outside Organisation, which was organising the publicity for the shows, said she had no comment at this time.

Uri Gellar, a close friend of the star, told BBC News: "I'm devastated - it's very, very sad.

"I'm still trying to hold on to the glimmer that it's not true. It's too surreal for me to absorb that Michael is no longer with us."

DJ Paul Gambaccini added: "There's no doubt [his] records will be listened to for decades to come.

"There will be millions of people in the world who will have extreme emotional reactions."

Paramedics
US media reports said paramedics were called to the singer's house in Bel Air at midday.

They performed CPR on Jackson and rushed him to the UCLA medical centre.

Crowds have begun to gather outside the facility, whose emergency centre has been roped off by police.

Jackson began his career as a child in family group The Jackson 5.

He then went on to achieve global fame as a solo artist with smash hits such as Billie Jean and Bad.

Thriller, released in 1982, is the biggest-selling album of all time, shifting 65m copies, according to the Guinness Book of World Records.

But the singer had been dogged by controversy and money trouble in recent years, becoming a virtual recluse.

He was arrested in 2003 on charges of molesting a 14-year-old boy, but was found not guilty following a five-month trial.

The star had three children, Michael Joseph Jackson Jr, Paris Michael Katherine Jackson and Prince Michael Jackson II.

He is survived by his mother, Katherine, father, Joseph and eight siblings - including Janet, Randy, Jermaine and La Toya Jackson."

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8119993.stm
* Eternally Living In *
***A State Of Trance***

When you dream, there are no rules
People Can Fly
Anything can happen
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Re: RIP to one of the greatest music legends: Michael Jackson

Postby RocK » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:00 am

RIP to an undying Legend!
" Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust, In Trance We Trust! "
RocK
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby Night Stalker » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:13 am

THE NUMBER ONE ENTERTAINER TO WALK ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET !!

RIP MJ, YOU WILL BE REMEMBERED FROM TOKYO, TO ISLAMABAD, TO LONDON TO LA!!

:angel:
BEATS PER MINUTE OFFICIAL CRACK FIEND.
its about time to set the BPM ON FIRE.....

"It wasn't God that did this to us man, it was you... you fucking fat narcotics agent!"

Have you watched: "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas on WEED man?"
Night Stalker
Veteran Raver
Veteran Raver

Postby Nicktalopia » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:33 am

What a loss for the Music industry
Still can't believe it's true. :(
Nicktalopia
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby samlbronkowitz » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:14 am

man i can't fucking believe I woke up to this news today. Totally sad and surprised by how affected I am by it. Despite his recent problems, its incomprehensible to understand what this guy did for music. 1000s of artists, as well as MTV, VHI, MCM, etc. owe their success to this guy.

In 1984 (yes i know i'm old), I took my first ever allowance given to me by my parents, made my aunt drive me down to the place she used to buy cassette tapes and records in Hamra, and used the entire allowance to buy my first ever cassette "Michael Jackson - Thriller". I spoke zero english in 1984, but in 1month I could sing along to every track. I would never be this obsessed and fanatical about music if it wasn't for Michael.

RIP :(
Are you ready to go on a musical trip with me, through love...happiness...music....AND PARTY TIME?

Nothing spells success like EXCESS!
samlbronkowitz
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby Night Stalker » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:21 am

BEATS PER MINUTE OFFICIAL CRACK FIEND.
its about time to set the BPM ON FIRE.....

"It wasn't God that did this to us man, it was you... you fucking fat narcotics agent!"

Have you watched: "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas on WEED man?"
Night Stalker
Veteran Raver
Veteran Raver

Postby [IN]Head-Kay » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:52 pm

:cry:

I stayed up all night watching the news, im so saddened by this, MJ is a true legend. I remember when i was 4 or 5, I used to be scared when the Thriller video came on! R.I.P MJ, one of the greatest entertainers to ever exist!

"For me personally, I could never go back to playing CDs or even vinyl. And most people forget that programming and selection are the true core elements of any good DJ" - DUBFIRE!

"The Aliens have officially landed in Kay-Ville"

http://www.myspace.com/djinheadkay
http://www.groups.to/inheadkay
[IN]Head-Kay
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby TranceFusion » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:23 pm

^ haha! Yea scary dancers in that video of Thriller!

I stayed up till 3am although i had to wake up at 7:30am... the whole following news both on internet and tv. I loved to play his moonwalker game on Sega! (or Nintendo i don't remember)

I'm still trying to figure out how this moonwalk dance is possible :?

RIP to a huge legend!
TranceFusion
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby Genesis » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:39 am

I still can't believe it. This is devastating.

I'm even more shocked by how upset I am about it. Very untimely for him.
If your trance was a pretty blonde ballerina; then what I listen to is a peed-off bulky bouncer pounding the living shit out of your ballerina.
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

Postby RocK » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:39 am

A club in dubai called "Plan B" had a night in the name of MJ! Respect to them!

You will be definitly missed MJ!
" Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust, In Trance We Trust! "
RocK
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby samer » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:01 pm

To many of the "older" generation MJ was part of our childhood, one of the very first musical experience and with such an enormous magnitude that no one later on managed to came even close. Putting aside his personal life and his numerous controversies, he was definitely one of the most influential talented singers/songwriters of all times. The quality of his music matches to none! even though he's been away for sometime, knowing that he's gone for good feels like missing part of our life! feels strange and sad! definitely the world is never the same without MJ!
how ironic though, he's been musically dead for quiet sometime, and just when he decided to make a comeback that many of us were eagerly waiting to see how it will go, he passes away!!..
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby tarantula » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:07 am

May this icon RIP

Now kids can walk safely in the streets *Runs*
tarantula
Occasional Trancer
Occasional Trancer

Postby Nicktalopia » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:51 am

:bazooka: tarantula
Nicktalopia
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby crow » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:55 am

Sucks I know :)
But get over it already! Some people on Facebook are taking it way too far! 2eno khalas, the guy is probably the best of the best when it came to pop music, and his contributions will never be forgotten.. EVER! But don't make a super big deal out of his death. Move on :)

I know it seems like I don't care. I do :) Though sometimes I think certain things have limits. I'm sure most of you here are upset that we won't be hearing of his comeback album (which I think will be released soon as a tribute to him), though you should believe it by now that he's gone and this is how it is.

I feel bad for the people who bought tickets to his concert. Ah well...
crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Next

Return to The Lounge