[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Tony McGuinness:"Please don

Tony McGuinness:"Please don

Talk about anything on your mind in here!

Moderator: MODs

Tony McGuinness:"Please don’t go to Beirut, are you mad

Postby Johnny » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:00 am

By Tony McGuinness (1/3 of Above and Beyond)

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... =375568382

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

"Please don’t go to Beirut, are you mad????"

Now I don’t know about you, but that kind of comment (posted publicly on MySpace) is usually all the incentive I need to do something. Its typical of a knee jerk, binary, black and white view of the world that really irritates me.
Sure, you can get blown up in Beirut.
As you can in London and New York and just about anywhere these days.
But are we to live our lives defined by that fear?
If we did I’d never leave the house.
So we played in Beirut last Friday and, 1 million people in Rio on NYE notwithstanding, it was one of the best gigs we’ve done anywhere. More than 5,000 people in a big modern venue with state of the art production, state of the art sound and, believe it or not, state of the art people. Which when you’ve spent any time in Beirut, or New York or London, is preceisely what you’d expect.
What you might not expect was the topic of conversation during the dinner we enjoyed before the gig high in the mountains above Beirut, a beautiful, sold out restaurant with uniformed valet parking for the huge number of luxury vehicles driven up the winding road past exclusive summer homes and boutiques. A group of eight friends, representatives of all three holy land religions and more, united by music. One of the Christians there told me his best friend and he had been clubbing for four years before they realised one was a muslim and one a Catholic. They’d had too much else to talk about. I’m not trying to say that music is important and religion unimportant: clearly that is not the case. What I’m trying to say is that we need to develop a world view that is more colourful than the black and white, simple-soundbite, scrolling headline view you get sold by the media. What’s important is that you take the news with a pinch of salt.
I remember watching "Munich" with an American friend of mine a year or so ago and at one point she said "I don’t get it; who are the bad guys and who are the good guys??"
We are all the good guys. We are also all the bad guys.
Life is thankfully much more complicated than that.
So thanks to Johnny and co. for reminding me of which way the world really spins.

Thank you Tony for this impressive post on your blog. Once again we prove to the world that we are not the country the worldwide media gives the image of. I cannot add or comment more on what Tony has said about us and Lebanon. Thank you again for giving the world the true and wonderful picture of Beirut!

*speechless*
Johnny
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby Raneem » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:00 am

:salute: :notworthy:
full respect
Raneem
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby Qulture » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:32 am

Qulture
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby crow » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:53 am

crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby OBie » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:56 am

Amman In The Mix @ JORavers.com
First and Last Monday of Each Month
8:00 - 10:00 [Local Time]
11:00 - 1:00 [GMT]
OBie
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby DJ_TRACID » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:41 am

DJ_TRACID
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Icepick » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:01 pm

once upon a time there was a boy that was born to make a change in this cruel world of mortals. this boy became a man and this man became old and died. thats about it..
Icepick
Fulltime Trancer
Fulltime Trancer

Postby A-Cube » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:15 pm

Welcome to DJ.Malaria you may wonder why I called this group Dj Malaria.
Just like Malaria takes over a person's body when it hits them i want my music's originality to control the soul of whoever hears it in that sense my music is more powerful than Malaria,and I'm sure it will but in a positive way of
course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby lebanese_raver » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:13 pm

lebanese_raver
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby Fawzi » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:22 pm

Fawzi
Certified Trancer