[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - What are the things you Like/Hate about TH!

What are the things you Like/Hate about TH!

Any suggestions on how to improve TranceHits.com?
Need any help on TranceHits.com?

Moderator: MODs

Postby DonSerj » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:50 pm

I like everything on the site, but there should be updates on colors in the home page, forum..
DonSerj
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby mixata » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:19 am

mixata
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby e-sam » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:39 am

Last edited by e-sam on Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
e-sam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DonSerj » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:41 am

DonSerj
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby Tala » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:47 am

[align=justify]This is a very essential topic to improve TH. I remember and I re-checked the discussion Maysoon and I had in here (where's she??).

I believe TH's first and second year were the best. It is true that it was still a relatively small community, but it promised prosperity. Members and crew were much closer having those gatherings (TH birthday), Voyage Into Trance etc. Nothing remains the same after all, but it saddens my heart to notice that the changes occuring are doing no good for the forum. It is not about the forum itself, it is about the image we want others to see, and who doesn't care about what people think/say about us?
It is funny. Some people living abroad STILL think we are living war. These people I know were totally shocked to know that famous Djs are coming to Lebanon and that Lebanese people always attend.
What I would like to say here is that this forum could be one form of transmitting the "right"/true image about ourselves; the EDM scene in Lebanon. It is always nice to remember the old days and compare it to our present ones, maybe we can understand the gaps and try to fill them properly.

Here's something I agree with Mixata: where are the MODS and ADMIN? It is not that they were/are not up to standards, NO. Please do not get me wrong in here, I'm on good terms with every single one of the crew and I owe them a lot of respect. BUT (since there's always a "but" after every positive sentence) where are they? busy? I don't think so, they spend most of the time on msn. Got sick of it? then give others the opportunity to show their capacities.

I seriously feel TH is going backwards. It became a calendar for events only. Where are the releases? Let me tell you something:
I used to review releases and I did my best to get in contact with a number of international djs to interview them, BUT (again) who's really interested? :) I felt like doing this for myself.. I felt like I was doing a homework while reviewing releases, so I refrained and I drew limits. Are you thinking how serious I took the issue? Well maybe. It's a give-and-take process!

This forum became a way to post advertisments; events, sets. The quality posts do not exist in this forum. I am writing all this because I have seen the evolution and the changes this forum witnessed since 2004. I hope someone reads this.[/align]
Last edited by Tala on Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
It's your life, DIVE it well!
Tala
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby Raneem » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:49 am

beaucoup de choses
Raneem
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby e-sam » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:32 am

Tala: I agree with several points you mentioned especially the idea about TH today is not TH in the past. Please keep in mind that we do this work free of charge and trust me when I say its not a nice job. Another thing to keep in mind is the unstable country we live in which killed ANY idea we planned to accomplish. When someone is worried about his future & security the last thing he will think of is his online forum. As for the staff presence on TH well its not like before 10-15 hours per day but they are reachable. Whether by PM, Email or MSN you can reach anyone of us. Many of us were students with plenty of time to spend online but not anymore. God bless them all but they graduated and started working which is a very good thing :)

Now as for the reviews our main staff handling it are Samer & Dionysos and I know that Samer's work is not helping at all. We do encourage members to take the initiative & submit their reviews and if its well written and informative then we are more than happy to pin it on the portal. We do not submit reviews based on the number of views/replies. On contrary if you check TH back when we first started you will notice that we used to review tracks knowing that the only members were the staff. We kept doing it for weeks until new members signed in.

We cannot force members to post only quality posts. The quality comes from the member and since we are a public forum it will attract all kinds of members. Now coming to the advertisements of events it has increased dramatically and we noticed it too. If we limit it to few organizers then we will be labeled as followers or affiliated with the radio station or organizer. So to be on neutral ground with all we support anyone who is working for the scene & improving the clubbing experience. However, we moderate the portal fliers so TH wont end up as ewaseet.
e-sam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby samlbronkowitz » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:50 pm

Are you ready to go on a musical trip with me, through love...happiness...music....AND PARTY TIME?

Nothing spells success like EXCESS!
samlbronkowitz
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby Tala » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:44 pm

[align=justify]Isam, you are totally right and I do understand what you mean. I agree on several points you mentioned and I don't on others.
It is true that the political situation in Lebanon doesn't help us much in accompliching our ideas/plans/events.. but you still see that many events are taking place and people are always ready to party hard! Yeah, I know at some times it was so hard for anyone to organize anything. However, things are cool for quite a while now. I just don't see this as an excuse; don't you (I don't mean you Isam) go have lunch/dinner/drinks almost every week-end? of course you do.

I know I can reach anyone I want if I call/write a message/PM etc. But it is good to see them in action on the forum without us (the members) asking. They graduated? I graduated too :) They are working? Well I was double majoring NDU and USJ at the same time along with work and Scouts. I am not trying to offend anyone, but if someone is really interested in what he or she is doing, he or she can always find time. Almost none of the MODs show any sign of life! Also, I did not mean that MODs and ADMIN have to post reviews, not at all. I used to review album and releases myself as well as other members on the forum!

Yeah I know that we are all doing this for free. We are doing this because we need to educate people about this music rather than just making fun of people who think that Tiesto means TRANCE and that it is mandatory to say "2ou2 2ou2" every now and then in events! However, doing something for free doesn't mean becoming careless, or does it?

I totally agree with Ahmad on the idea that the concept of "forums" is dying. This is very true. We don't have to just stand doing nothing about our forum!

Finally, allow me to state something, TH is a project. I believe it should have been studied long term.. The forum is still young, very young to die this fast.

Thanks for the reply Isam ;)[/align]
It's your life, DIVE it well!
Tala
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby mixata » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:10 pm

mixata
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Positive Vibes » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:17 pm

Positive Vibes
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby Nicktalopia » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:50 pm

Last edited by Nicktalopia on Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nicktalopia
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby Fawzi » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:44 pm

Fawzi
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby A-Cube » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:06 am

Welcome to DJ.Malaria you may wonder why I called this group Dj Malaria.
Just like Malaria takes over a person's body when it hits them i want my music's originality to control the soul of whoever hears it in that sense my music is more powerful than Malaria,and I'm sure it will but in a positive way of
course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Genesis » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:03 am

If your trance was a pretty blonde ballerina; then what I listen to is a peed-off bulky bouncer pounding the living shit out of your ballerina.
Genesis
Psy FrEaK
Psy FrEaK

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions/Help