[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Radio TH ?!

Radio TH ?!

Any suggestions on how to improve TranceHits.com?
Need any help on TranceHits.com?

Moderator: MODs

Re: Radio TH ?!

Postby Silver Edge » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:49 pm

most of them are run by the same server :)
Silver Edge
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby Ahmesh » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:52 pm

Anyway, this is not the point.

And dio thanks again for making this a sticky :)
"Trance is the kind of music that puts smiles on peoples faces. It's designed to make people feel great and forget about the trouble that they may face every day." - Ferry Corsten

www.trancelock.com
Ahmesh
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby DIONYSOS » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:18 pm

Keep the constructive discussion flowing people! And I hope to see some crew members in here!
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby Ahmesh » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:42 pm

Where are the admins?!
"Trance is the kind of music that puts smiles on peoples faces. It's designed to make people feel great and forget about the trouble that they may face every day." - Ferry Corsten

www.trancelock.com
Ahmesh
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby Raneem » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:47 pm

^ SamEr busy partying with the camels, and e-sam busy inventing a new computer!
:P
Raneem
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby A-Cube » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:54 pm

Everything mentioned in this topic is a valid argument and says it all. Myself I have been known as a world-class nagger when it comes to what happened in this country event-wise. I tend to consider myself a late bloomer but someone who overlooked the peak of a scene and its monster downfall. Our personal lives had a major role in the fact that the activity on the forum decreased and let's face it, the priority tends to dwindle when you get into the professional world and start putting your energy into other things. But for me, the main reason is the atrocities we've been through during the events of the last few years. From the first sights of kids to the Paul Van Dyk assault where a rave turned out to an attack on the liquid resources. Things did get better, but it was a tad too late for all the veteran ravers who had found shelter in a different place(s).

Moderator activity also played a part in this. Some of us due to various reasons had to log off for months, others lost the motivation and others simply forgot about it because there are far more important issue to deal with. A change in the crew has become a necessity since there's a big chance that most of the crew will have to move on at some point (Me being one of those that will eventually have to call it quits with the moderating activity). So a change would be welcome in my opinion. Shuffle things up as much as we can and who knows, maybe give this site a nudge or two on facebook. Anyhow, it would be cool to plan my succession in the upcoming year by checking the worthy members, kissing ass is not optional, it's mandatory :mrgreen:

Welcome to DJ.Malaria you may wonder why I called this group Dj Malaria.
Just like Malaria takes over a person's body when it hits them i want my music's originality to control the soul of whoever hears it in that sense my music is more powerful than Malaria,and I'm sure it will but in a positive way of
course.

PLUR men wejje...
A-Cube
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Ahmesh » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:52 pm

Okay you're right,everyone lost interest and just forgot about TH for the reasons you posted in the first paragraph.

But Someone (me and other new TH members) can turn TH around and make it even bigger than it was in 2004/2005. By making it more active,inviting people to register and join,which will lead to numerous topics daily.

And as obama said "I don't care whether you're driving a hybrid or an SUV. If you're headed for a cliff, you have to change direction."

And with all due respect moderators, some change needs to happen i guess.

I won't be kissing ass :), because you'll kind of realize that there is no one more interested in improving TH than i am at the moment (And i CAN help A LOT) :) , because i wouldn't have even created this topic if i wasn't.

Thanks!

www.trancelock.com
Ahmesh
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby Raneem » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:58 pm

good to see some positive vibes in here!!
Raneem
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby samer » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:06 pm

first i want to thank you all for your concerns and willingness to improve TH! as many of you stated before we def need new blood to be pumped in this site, and Ahmesh you def dont need to kiss ass, it never worked before and surely wont work in the future. since day 1 we always welcomed any suggestion/help to the site and differentiate being a MOD from being active and helpful. with the 1st comes responsibility that will def need to include the second but not vice versa! some members like/want this responsibility others prefer to stay free and just share their input/help, something that we're always ready to give it a try and provide all opportunities (i think you've already experienced that Ahmesh! ;))
there's really no need to add anything related to MOD/members activity as most of you stated the many reasons behind that and it's true indeed that forums globally are not the new hip thing anymore and it's being reduced to just the members who would like to really exchange information and debate about certain subjects (something similar to the first days of forums pre- 2002) and unfortunately for Arabs/Middle Easterns in general and Lebanese in specific the ratings are way down low.. after all it's always more fun to post a pic on FB than to discuss a topic on a forum...
concerning the radio show, the idea was there from the start, why we went for a jukebox instead is for several reasons: one being a really expensive project that need serious funding that was never available to us. second, in lebanon specifically, internet is still in a very bad condition that if we had to broadcast in decent quality most of the members wont be able to tune in properly not to mention the hard work that needs to put in to constantly update the radio with shows (upload speed is legendary in lebanon!). Also as stated before, we'll need to provide a good number of exclusive shows if we plan to open up a radio or else we wont be able to offer anything special to compete with the so many other professional internet radio stations..

to sum things up, we're still here (eventhough we might not participate as before, we still check the site almost daily and it's always very easy to contact any MOD or admin when needed), we're always looking for new blood and willing to shake things up for the better, and we're surely still in love with the music refusing to get old :mrgreen:
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
samer
AuraLLy WaStEd
AuraLLy WaStEd

Postby Ahmesh » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:07 pm

I know forums aren't the new hip thing, but TH can be the exception.

You're the admin, you know whats best for this place :) !

www.trancelock.com
Ahmesh
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby e-sam » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:56 am

Hi guys sorry for the delay to respond to this thread I've been busy and didn't have time to go online. I concur that TH needs new blood to make things rotate faster and to the fact that it is favorable to have a presence on twitter, facebook and myspace. Personally, I took the initiative of creating a FB & myspace but I am a none believer in these 2 so I'll be more than happy to delegate control to someone who believes in these "Social Network" as their authors claim them to be. As long as you don't ruin TH image & name on these networks we the admins & crew would really appreciate the volunteer help. After all we are all volunteers on this project of ours whether the crew or members. :)

Regarding the online radio well technically you only need 2 people (Network technician and a developer). One handles the server, automated updates/emails/security alerts, and internet streaming while the other handles the scripts, upload tools & website. As for the price it will cost a good sum of USD. We are talking about a minimum of $500 per month if we are looking for a decent well reputable company and it will grow with the number of concurrent listeners. So yes there is a fixed cost of X USD per month and a Y USD per concurrent listener.

So to sum things up
Myspace: Ahmesh took the responsibility of maintaining this group
Facebook: Available
Twitter: Available

If anyone is interested in handling the other two drop me a message.
e-sam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Suggestions/Help