[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - Here's one good suggestion :)

Here's one good suggestion :)

Any suggestions on how to improve TranceHits.com?
Need any help on TranceHits.com?

Moderator: MODs

Should Trance Hits include an "Interviews" section?

Yes
50%
Yes
50%
No
No votes
No
No votes

Total votes : 2

Here's one good suggestion :)

Postby crow » Sun May 14, 2006 9:50 am

Although I'm quite new here, I've grasped the great vibe Trance Hits has and I think it's a really great forum with alot of great people. I'm not trying to be nice here or anything, just being fully honest. This might sound like I'm pocking my nose into stuff I shouldn't get into since it is the TH Staff's job but hey, what the hell is the Suggestions sub-forum here for? :P

Well I've been thinking about it for a while now and I guess it's important to keep this site/forum more alive.

I really think that adding an Interviews section to the forum would be great. If not to the forum then to the site on the left panel - as soon as you log in ofcourse -.

NOTE: When I say Interviews section on this forum, I mean for the purpose of us, Trance Hits, doing those interviews. Interviews from other sites can be added to The Library or other sections in the forum as usual.

Interviews can be done with Artists/DJs/Producers or even with the forum members. The interviews done with the forum members will be a great way of getting to know each one of us more. We could start even with the Mods, followed by the normal members or vise versa.

Now people are probably wondering why interview artists when we already have threads posted in the forum about interviews done? Well, the answer is simple: 1) Higher rep. for TranceHits 2) We will be more recognized (not necessarily in Lebanon only, but everywhere) 3) The artists might sign up ;)

I've been lurking through The Library and The Lounge for a while now + done some searching for interviews done by TH and the result was none,nil,zero,9ifr...etc.

I hope my suggestion would be taken into consideration since this will definitely help the forum out :)

If it's about staff and getting interviewers then I'm sure it can be handled. It's not that hard to interview someone else. And if there is any help needed, I could provide some from my side (altho not assured) but I've got some connections here 'n there which will be of good benefit.

Thanks for your time :D

P.S: To all Mods, PM me if you would like to know who I can get to be interviewed here on Trance Hits. The list might attract some attention :D
crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Proof » Sun May 14, 2006 10:46 am

*LOCK* ... lol, Nah i'm just kidding.

Ok, I see where your coming from. Well, I really like your idea, but it isn't exactly in my hands or any other MOD's hands to confirm or deny this suggestion. It is purely the Admins (e-sam & SamEr).

But as a person, I'd like to share my opinion about it ;) .

*Note: ALL MY OPINION*

I think its a GREAT idea! I know, we've had a couple of bad experiences with outside sources bringing in interviews, which some of them were also uncompleted. We've also posted a few interviews that have been done by trance.nu (sourcing them too) as well. Making our own interview subsection & crew would take a lot of work, but it could happen. Nothing's impossible (except flying and a few other things).

First of all, I'd have to point out a few things in your suggestion. Members doing the official interviews may not work, since a lot of other members will be wanting to do it as well. We'd have to send out official members of TranceHits a.k.a MODs or Admins. Now, we dont exactly know how well the interviewers are first of all, right? But I'm assuming you know how to talk :) . Creating a usergroup "Interview Crew" which has authority to only one section (will be described lower) . MODS have total control over it though, just to make sure things dont go overboard.

What we could do is set up a "Interview" section, in the forums itself, where only authorised members (interview crew) can "Post a thread" while all members can reply. One subsection could be titled "Questions", and the threads would be titled: "Questions to be asked to: Artist Name", containing a deadline for the last day for entry of questions. Members would then ask their questions, both dumb & intellectual. After the deadline ... BOOM, lock the topic. The crew will the compile the best questions and then do their thing, which should also have a deadline.

Once the interview has been completed, they should post it up in a set-format. No graphics is necessary except maybe the Artist's picture. Interviews could either go in the portal page:

Image *Bite me ... I did it in paint*

Or in the forums ... right above/below to "Questions", naming the subsection "Interviews":

BUT....

Its all upto SamEr & e-sam :)
Last edited by Proof on Sun May 14, 2006 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Releases:
- Rodrigo Mateo - Carbon Monoxide (Praveen Achary Remix) [Baires Records]
- Alter Breed - Blue White (Praveen Achary Remix) [Spherax Recordings]
- Praveen Achary - Butterflies [Mirabilis Recordings]
- Praveen Achary - Pull My Legato [MakTub Music]
- Praveen Achary - Crossover (Incl remixes by Fiord, Manuel Sofia (MOS) & Tanseer) [MakTub Music]
Proof
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby crow » Sun May 14, 2006 10:58 am

I'm glad you liked the idea Proof, but you know, not all interviews have to be done by flying all the way there. What's the internet for? Not every single interview you've seen is really done in person with that artist or dj or w/e.
However, it could work out since once again, artists DO tour around the WORLD. You live in Canada bro... Do you know how many artists spin in Canada?
Get my point?
Like I said, I can provide some help. Just give me the word and I'll do it and let you know if it's possible or not.
For God's sake, we've got Kuffdam & Plant as members and we never interviewed them!!!
crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby Proof » Sun May 14, 2006 11:39 am

Releases:
- Rodrigo Mateo - Carbon Monoxide (Praveen Achary Remix) [Baires Records]
- Alter Breed - Blue White (Praveen Achary Remix) [Spherax Recordings]
- Praveen Achary - Butterflies [Mirabilis Recordings]
- Praveen Achary - Pull My Legato [MakTub Music]
- Praveen Achary - Crossover (Incl remixes by Fiord, Manuel Sofia (MOS) & Tanseer) [MakTub Music]
Proof
Ultimate Trancer
Ultimate Trancer

Postby crow » Sun May 14, 2006 12:13 pm

crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby DIONYSOS » Sun May 14, 2006 1:47 pm

Excellent suggestion Crow, thank you for taking the time to create this valuable topic, and yes just as you said this is the section for such topics. Proof pretty much provided the answer, and I'd have to say that it is indeed a very constructive idea that would add value to the forum. The only obstacle, however, would be time, as most of the crew have busy full schedules, which is why we added two extra MODs just recently. However, we will discuss the idea with other crew members, and inform you of any steps to be taken, if any.
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby crow » Sat May 20, 2006 11:18 am

Sorry for the late reply but I was away for a couple of days.
Thanks alot DIO for supporting my suggestion :)
Let's hope we could make the best out of it!
However, if the crew's busy with w/e they'r doing, I can do it if you want. I wouldn't mind at all.
Thanks again for your support
Looking forward to hearing from you about the progress of this suggestion. I myself am very excited about it :D
crow
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby DIONYSOS » Sat May 20, 2006 1:28 pm

DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby crow » Sat May 20, 2006 9:03 pm

Cool :)
Can't wait!
crow
Trance Officer