[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
TranceHits.com • View topic - :(

:(

Announcements, updates, and news will be displayed here.

Moderator: MODs

:(

Postby DIONYSOS » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:45 pm

[align=justify]This is perhaps the saddest news I have shared with you ever since the forum first started... at least for me it is.

For the past three months, I have been recording my show Dithyrambs on a weekly basis, and uploading it for you to download in high quality audio. Dithyrambs meant a lot to me as it was more than just a show; it was an expression of the feelings I possessed towards this divine form of artistry through the music itself; it was me enjoying my favorite hobby while sharing it with the beautiful people of this beautiful forum... putting both these two points together, it was simply a passion finding form.

Alas, the day has come when the show mustn't go on, to reverse Freddy Mercury's line. My good friends, I will not be able to pursue in my weekly show any longer due to lack of time. This lack of time already existed long before I initiated Dithyrambs, mainly due to my overloaded studies given the high demand of my major, but now it got even tighter on my neck as I was offered a job in parallel to my studies, and the offer is irresistable given the experience and exposure it entails. But all good things in life come with a price tag, and one often has to sacrifice one priority at the expense of another, which is what I am compelled to do here. Full-time university, semi to full time work, TH activity, social life, and Dithyrambs just can't fit in 24 hours a day.

Throughout the past three months, your support and feedback have been a major motivator for my drive to deliver and improve, and so I thank each and every member who took the time to listen to my work and come back for a reply. Were I to begin listing the "fans", I would surely end up leaving some behind, so I will refrain from doing so and merely thank you all for your activity in my episode topics. A few names, however, need to be mentioned; the names that made this show a reality:
System.S for his inspired artwork - you designed these breathtaking visuals with a far-reaching vision of my DJ career, and it saddens me to see that the first effective achievement as a DJ is now suffering such a premature end... thank you for the much appreciated artworks, and I promise you that they will not go in vain.
janomeg for his constant uploading, always striving to get my episodes up and running as fast as possible, at times even abusing company resources for that purpose!
e-sam & SamEr for their unlimited support, the former's technical one and the latter's musical one. Both of CmA and Genesis merit a mention on this matter as well, they know why.
Dolphina for all the moral support, both on and off the forum, and for being the first TH member to believe in me.

Dithyrambs means the world to me, and I wouldn't have decided to discontinue it were I not compelled to. As happy I am that I nailed this new promising position, I am equally sad to have to pay such a large bill. To some of you, this may look as if I'm making a whole drama out of this, but if I wasn't sincere about it then these words wouldn't have come out. I hope that, despite the limited time I had, I succeded in fulfilling my mission statement - "a careful blend of the entire spectrum of Trance sub-genres: from its progressive depths to its uplifting peaks to its psychedelic flights". Thank you all once more for the continuous support, one that really means a lot to me, and I hope to see you soon... on the dancefloor! :)

"The show must go on."(Queen)[/align]
DIONYSOS
Junior Admin
Junior Admin

Postby samlbronkowitz » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:50 pm

well like u said, good things come with a price tag. I definitely enjoyed (the few) dithyrambs I got, and urge you when u have the time to continue listening, mixing, DJing etc. Thanks for the ones I have and good luck with ur new job!
Are you ready to go on a musical trip with me, through love...happiness...music....AND PARTY TIME?

Nothing spells success like EXCESS!
samlbronkowitz
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby Icepick » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:16 pm

Icepick
Fulltime Trancer
Fulltime Trancer

Postby ZG1AppOlyOn » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:31 pm

I HATE N00BS <_<
ZG1AppOlyOn
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby T.R.A.X » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:59 pm

T.R.A.X
Often Trancer
Often Trancer

Postby ASOT » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:11 pm

ASOT
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby Trancelvania » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:33 pm

:cry: Shocking news!!

Anyway man...that doesn't mean we will never lsn to any of ur sets...
I'm sure u'll sometimes surprise us with some from time to time
(plzzzz :wink:) And good luck for ur new job Dio...
Trancelvania
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby DJ_TRACID » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:39 pm

it's REALLY a sad news REALLY :( i hope u'll have time soon for it
DJ_TRACID
Certified Trancer
Certified Trancer

Postby Gladius » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:49 pm

Gladius
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby JayCM » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:55 pm

Missing the Lebanese raves!!!
JayCM
Occasional Trancer
Occasional Trancer

Postby st. lassic » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:00 pm

Trance And Rants: The Biggest Tunes Of The Week Of Trance with DJ Lassic

Currently Hammering:
"Year Zero"- Andy Moor vs Orkidea
"Through Your Eyes"- Giuseppe Ottavinanni
"Dark Eyes"- Luminary (Tom Porcelli Mix)
"Dance4Life"- Tiesto ft. Maxi Jazz
"Should've Known"- Cosmic Gate
"Vivid Intent"- Greg Downey

st. lassic
New Trancer
New Trancer

Location: Marooned on a small island, in an endless sea, confined to a tiny bit of sand-unable to escape.

Postby CensorD » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:46 pm

CensorD
New Trancer
New Trancer

Postby Dreamboy » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:18 pm

Well i think, if u could still manage, u could continue on a monthly basis, wouldn't that be a better idea? It's just sad to stop like this :?
[url=http://www.soundclick.com/bands/6/dreamboy.htm]:d: :r: :e: :a: :m: :b: :o: :y: :exclamation:
[/url]
Dreamboy
Trance Officer
Trance Officer

Postby ~Tr@N(E_L@TiON~ » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:49 pm

hey man we will really miss ur show :(
sad news indeed.. but we r happy for ur new job... all the luck and success in everything u do ;)
Thank God I got all ur episodes.. I can listen to them over and over :)
[color=blue]The [МŨ
~Tr@N(E_L@TiON~
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Postby hani » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:07 pm

*L E A M A - A N D - M O O R * C O M M O N - G R O U N D*
hani
Trance FrEaK
Trance FrEaK

Next

Return to News